Protest against setting up of thermal plant in TN
Mayiladuthurai: Local fishermen on Saturday began a relay fast protesting against setting up of a private thermal station at Tharangampadi in Nagapattinam district.
Officials said the fishermen had begun their agitation even as the company had started the works.
The fishermen claimed that their livelihood would be affected if the plant was set up,and started power generation. Farmers also feared that their fields would be affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan