Protest against setting up of thermal plant in TN
Mayiladuthurai: Local fishermen on Saturday began a relay fast protesting against setting up of a private thermal station at Tharangampadi in Nagapattinam district.
Officials said the fishermen had begun their agitation even as the company had started the works.
The fishermen claimed that their livelihood would be affected if the plant was set up,and started power generation. Farmers also feared that their fields would be affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet