Protest in CBE, Udhagamandalam and Tirupur
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 DMK workers on Wednesday staged demonstration, demanding immediate rollback of the petrol price hike.
Led by former minister, Pongalur N Palanisamy, the workers raised slogans against the price hike and also demanded that the State government reduce the VAT on petrol so that the people could get some relief from the hike.
Meanwhile, about 500 party workers, led by former state minister, D Ramachandran and Gudalur MLA, Dravidamani, staged demonstration in Udhgamandalam in Nilgiris districts.
Similar demonstrations were held in nearby Tirupur.
About four hundred DMK workers led by Local secretary Thalapathy held a demonstration at Madurai.
Demonstrations were also held in Ramanathapuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof