Protest in CBE, Udhagamandalam and Tirupur
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 DMK workers on Wednesday staged demonstration, demanding immediate rollback of the petrol price hike.
Led by former minister, Pongalur N Palanisamy, the workers raised slogans against the price hike and also demanded that the State government reduce the VAT on petrol so that the people could get some relief from the hike.
Meanwhile, about 500 party workers, led by former state minister, D Ramachandran and Gudalur MLA, Dravidamani, staged demonstration in Udhgamandalam in Nilgiris districts.
Similar demonstrations were held in nearby Tirupur.
About four hundred DMK workers led by Local secretary Thalapathy held a demonstration at Madurai.
Demonstrations were also held in Ramanathapuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre