Protest in CBE, Udhagamandalam and Tirupur
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 DMK workers on Wednesday staged demonstration, demanding immediate rollback of the petrol price hike.
Led by former minister, Pongalur N Palanisamy, the workers raised slogans against the price hike and also demanded that the State government reduce the VAT on petrol so that the people could get some relief from the hike.
Meanwhile, about 500 party workers, led by former state minister, D Ramachandran and Gudalur MLA, Dravidamani, staged demonstration in Udhgamandalam in Nilgiris districts.
Similar demonstrations were held in nearby Tirupur.
About four hundred DMK workers led by Local secretary Thalapathy held a demonstration at Madurai.
Demonstrations were also held in Ramanathapuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday