Protest in CBE, Udhagamandalam and Tirupur
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 DMK workers on Wednesday staged demonstration, demanding immediate rollback of the petrol price hike.
Led by former minister, Pongalur N Palanisamy, the workers raised slogans against the price hike and also demanded that the State government reduce the VAT on petrol so that the people could get some relief from the hike.
Meanwhile, about 500 party workers, led by former state minister, D Ramachandran and Gudalur MLA, Dravidamani, staged demonstration in Udhgamandalam in Nilgiris districts.
Similar demonstrations were held in nearby Tirupur.
About four hundred DMK workers led by Local secretary Thalapathy held a demonstration at Madurai.
Demonstrations were also held in Ramanathapuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi