Pudukottai bypoll: 31 candidates file nominations
Chennai: Thirty one candidates have filed their nominations for the June 12 bye-election to the Pudukottai Assembly constituency which will witness a direct face-off between former allies AIAMDK and DMDK for the second consecutive time in an electoral battle this year.
Nominations closed on Friday with AIADMK`s Karthik Thondaiman and DMDK`s Jahir Hussain, among others, filing their papers for the bypoll which was necessitated following the death of CPI MLA P Muthukumaran in a road accident on April 1,2012.
Special Chief Electoral Officier D Raajendiran said in a release that 31 persons had filed nominations.
The ruling AIADMK and its former ally DMDK had earlier locked horns for the March 18 Sankarankoil bypoll which the former won.
Another key opposition party, the M Karunanidhi-led DMK, is not contesting the Pudukottai bypoll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read