Punish murderers of Tamil Nadu BJP leader: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday termed as shocking the murder of Tamil Nadu BJP leader V Ramesh and demanded that culprits be punished at the earliest.
Ramesh alias Auditor Ramesh was the general secretary of BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit. The 52-year-old was attacked with sharp-edged weapons near his house in Salim town last night by unidentified assailants.
"Killing of our Tamil Nadu unit`s General Secretary V Ramesh is shocking. Spoke to TN BJP President last night and expressed sadness on the killing," Modi tweeted.
"My deepest condolences to the family of Shri V Ramesh. May his soul rest in peace. The culprits must be punished as the earliest," he further said on Twitter, a micro-blogging site.
Tamil Nadu BJP president Pon Radhakrishnan has said Ramesh is the fourth state-level party leader to be murdered in the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video