Punish murderers of Tamil Nadu BJP leader: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday termed as shocking the murder of Tamil Nadu BJP leader V Ramesh and demanded that culprits be punished at the earliest.
Ramesh alias Auditor Ramesh was the general secretary of BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit. The 52-year-old was attacked with sharp-edged weapons near his house in Salim town last night by unidentified assailants.
"Killing of our Tamil Nadu unit`s General Secretary V Ramesh is shocking. Spoke to TN BJP President last night and expressed sadness on the killing," Modi tweeted.
"My deepest condolences to the family of Shri V Ramesh. May his soul rest in peace. The culprits must be punished as the earliest," he further said on Twitter, a micro-blogging site.
Tamil Nadu BJP president Pon Radhakrishnan has said Ramesh is the fourth state-level party leader to be murdered in the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement