Punish murderers of Tamil Nadu BJP leader: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday termed as shocking the murder of Tamil Nadu BJP leader V Ramesh and demanded that culprits be punished at the earliest.
Ramesh alias Auditor Ramesh was the general secretary of BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit. The 52-year-old was attacked with sharp-edged weapons near his house in Salim town last night by unidentified assailants.
"Killing of our Tamil Nadu unit`s General Secretary V Ramesh is shocking. Spoke to TN BJP President last night and expressed sadness on the killing," Modi tweeted.
"My deepest condolences to the family of Shri V Ramesh. May his soul rest in peace. The culprits must be punished as the earliest," he further said on Twitter, a micro-blogging site.
Tamil Nadu BJP president Pon Radhakrishnan has said Ramesh is the fourth state-level party leader to be murdered in the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold price at 15-month high, rises further to Rs 30,330 per 10 grams
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- VIDEO: Maiden over & 5 wickets! Watch Mohammad Amir's sensational last over vs Australia!
- Jharkhand MNREGA workers return Rs 5 to Modi, say his govt needs it more than they do
- Watch - Spectacular 4K HD view of solar flare captured by NASA's SDO!