Quack Doctor held for child`s death
Erode: A quack doctor has been arrested for being responsible for the death of an 18 month old girl child after giving it an injection, police said.
They said the girl developed high fever during a visit to her grandmother`s village at nearby Kasipalayam last month and was taken to a clinic run by the `doctor`, who gave her an injection. The child on return suddenly fell unconscious and was rushed to a private nursing home, where doctors declared that she was brought dead.
The mother and other relatives then buried the child`s body in the village.
However, the woman filed a complaint with police only yesterday, they said, adding a team went to the clinic and verified his certificates and found he was not a medical graduate.
On questioning, the man reportedly confessed that he is a pharmacist at a primary Health Centre at Kottupullampalayam village and was practicing as a quack doctor.
He was arrested and arrangements were made to exhume the child`s body, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail