Quack Doctor held for child`s death
Erode: A quack doctor has been arrested for being responsible for the death of an 18 month old girl child after giving it an injection, police said.
They said the girl developed high fever during a visit to her grandmother`s village at nearby Kasipalayam last month and was taken to a clinic run by the `doctor`, who gave her an injection. The child on return suddenly fell unconscious and was rushed to a private nursing home, where doctors declared that she was brought dead.
The mother and other relatives then buried the child`s body in the village.
However, the woman filed a complaint with police only yesterday, they said, adding a team went to the clinic and verified his certificates and found he was not a medical graduate.
On questioning, the man reportedly confessed that he is a pharmacist at a primary Health Centre at Kottupullampalayam village and was practicing as a quack doctor.
He was arrested and arrangements were made to exhume the child`s body, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok