Quack Doctor held for child`s death
Erode: A quack doctor has been arrested for being responsible for the death of an 18 month old girl child after giving it an injection, police said.
They said the girl developed high fever during a visit to her grandmother`s village at nearby Kasipalayam last month and was taken to a clinic run by the `doctor`, who gave her an injection. The child on return suddenly fell unconscious and was rushed to a private nursing home, where doctors declared that she was brought dead.
The mother and other relatives then buried the child`s body in the village.
However, the woman filed a complaint with police only yesterday, they said, adding a team went to the clinic and verified his certificates and found he was not a medical graduate.
On questioning, the man reportedly confessed that he is a pharmacist at a primary Health Centre at Kottupullampalayam village and was practicing as a quack doctor.
He was arrested and arrangements were made to exhume the child`s body, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive