Rahul Gandhi thanks Karuna for his congratulatory message
Chennai: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has written a letter to DMK chief M Karunanidhi saying he is looking forward to the wisdom and support of elders in fulfilling his new responsibilities.
This comes days after DMK patriarch downplayed reports of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi not acknowledging his congratulatory message over his elevation.
In a letter dated February 6 by Gandhi, released by the DMK headquarters today, the youth Congress leader thanked Karunanidhi for his "gracious words."
"I am writing to thank you for your gracious words and sentiments upon my assuming new responsibilities in Congress party. I look forward to the wisdom, counsel and support of eleders in fulfilling my new responsibilities," he said.
The DMK patriarch had recently blamed a section of the media for making it an issue when asked about reports that his greeting had not even been responded to by Gandhi and also that he had not given an audience to his party leaders while in Delhi early this week.
"Your abiding interest in the youth of our country and your earnest commitment to the advancement of rural areas and farmers are all well-known," the DMK chief had said in a faxed message to Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday