Raids at former DMK minister Anbarasan`s house
Chennai: The Directorate of Vigilance and
Anti-Corruption Thursday carried out raids at the residence of former Tamil Nadu Minister T M Anbarasan at Kundrathur near here in connection with a disproportionate assets complaint,
Anbarasan was the Labour Minister in the previous DMK government.
The DVAC had on September 27 raided the premises of K Ponmudi, now in jail, in Chennai, Villupuram and Puducherry on
"specific information" that he had allegedly accumulated
assets disproportionate to his known sources of income when he
was the Higher Education Minister in the previous DMK regime.
Ponmudi was arrested in Chennai on August 31 in a land grabbing case.
Former ministers Veerapandi S Arumugam, K N Nehru and N K
K P Raja were also arrested on land grabbing charges in the
crackdown launched by the Jayalalithaa Government on land
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- HC dismisses PIL against sale of 'Antilia' land to Mukesh Ambani
- Court issues arrest warrant against Vijayakanth, wife
- No plan for women in army combat role, Manohar Parrikar tells Rajya Sabha
- Dues over Rs 800 cr pending against Hotels in NDMC areas
- Emirates plane with more than 300 on board makes emergency landing in Mumbai