Rainwater harvesting system soon in all TN temples
Madurai: Rain water harvesting systems would
be incorporated in all temples in Tamil Nadu so that they
would be recharged in the ongoing monsoon, according to a top
official of the Hindu Religious And Charitable Endowments.
Encroachments on channels which traditionally supply water
to the tanks would also be removed, HR & CE Commissioner J
Speaking to reporters after inspecting the Mariamman tank
of Meenakshi temple here last evening, he said orders had been
given to block new channels. There are plans to lay a separate
pipeline to bring Vaigai river water to Teppakulam tank in the
temple in collaboration with Madurai Corporation, he said.
Chandrakumar inspected various HR&CE projects underway at
Meenakshi temple, Tirupparankundram and Alagarkoil temples
after which he visited Virudhunagar and Sivaganga districts
and held a review meeting with officials to assess progress of
He was satisfied with progress of work in Madurai and said
60 per cent of the eco-park work at Tirupparankundram is over
and the remaining work would be completed in three months.
The Tourism Department funded park Rs 3.87 crore projects
involve establishing a musical fountain, landscaping, an
open-air theatre, waiting halls and car parking.
Efforts are on to remove encroachments from a channel in
Nilaiyur, which supplies water to Subramniaswamy Temple Teppam
at Tiruprankunram after which it would receive copious water
supply, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues