Raj Thackeray praises world Tamil conference
Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray today praised
the World Tamil Conference held recently in Coimbatore and
lamented that such efforts were not being made in Maharashtra
for Marathi language.
"I was impressed by the way the Tamil conference was
held. The government spent Rs 315 crore and it was a
disciplined programme. But our Marathi conferences, whether
for literature or drama, always end up in controversy," Raj
said on the sidelines of a book release function here.
In our literature and drama conferences, there is always
a squabble over some or the other thing. "Why can`t we come
together for Marathi, forgetting the differences among us?" he
Raj ridiculed granting of Rs 10 crore for the newly
started Marathi department by the state government. "The funds
would be spent on laying of foundation stone ceremony only,"
Referring to neglect of Marathi by politicians, Raj said
a school started by D Y Patil does not teach Marathi after 4th
Raj also asked book stores in the city to keep Marathi
books as there are complaints that Marathi books are not
available in most of the stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested