Raja upset over DMK defeat in TN
New Delhi: Former Telecom Minister A Raja
on Friday appeared upset over the results of the Tamil Nadu
Assembly elections in which his party DMK got severe drubbing
at the hands of arch-rival AIADMK.
"I am in judicial custody so I cannot answer questions.
How can you question me?" Raja, who looked disturbed, retorted
when media persons sought his comment on the poll outcome.
On persistent queries by reporters in courtroom, where
he appeared before special CBI judge O P Saini, Raja said, "I
did not see the results. Somebody informed me so I got to
When asked whether he was expecting a clean sweep for the
AIADMK, he said, "They have already got it."
Raja was appearing before Saini in connection with the
scrutiny of documents relating to the day-to-day proceedings
in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
While journalists asked for reactions from Raja on the
poll results, co-accused Shahid Usman Balwa of DB Realty
interrupted and asked the media not to put questions to the
"You are not allowed to question the accused under the
law," Balwa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars