Rajiv Gandhi assassin Nalini produced in Vellore court
Vellore: Nalini, the life convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, was on Tuesday produced before a court here in connection with seizure of mobile sim card and knife in her prison cell in April, 2010.
The Judicial Magistrate-I, Mummoorthy, adjourned the case to August 19.
Counsel for Nalini said the case was foisted on her.
The court had summoned Nalini to appear before it in connection with the recovery of mobile phone and SIM card from her cell at the Special Prison for Women.
A mobile and an active SIM card were seized from a cloth bag in Nalini’s cell on April 20, 2010 during a surprise check. A complaint was registered and the Bagayam Police had later filed a chargesheet in the case.
The court had earlier directed the police to produce Nalini before it on July 29 but since the police were yet to arrest her in connection with the case, they could not do so.
The court had then directed the police to produce Nalini today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi