Rajiv Gandhi assassin Nalini produced in Vellore court
Vellore: Nalini, the life convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, was on Tuesday produced before a court here in connection with seizure of mobile sim card and knife in her prison cell in April, 2010.
The Judicial Magistrate-I, Mummoorthy, adjourned the case to August 19.
Counsel for Nalini said the case was foisted on her.
The court had summoned Nalini to appear before it in connection with the recovery of mobile phone and SIM card from her cell at the Special Prison for Women.
A mobile and an active SIM card were seized from a cloth bag in Nalini’s cell on April 20, 2010 during a surprise check. A complaint was registered and the Bagayam Police had later filed a chargesheet in the case.
The court had earlier directed the police to produce Nalini before it on July 29 but since the police were yet to arrest her in connection with the case, they could not do so.
The court had then directed the police to produce Nalini today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi