Rajiv killers’ hanging: Man sets himself afire
Chennai: A man on Tuesday suffered burns after he set himself ablaze here allegedly condemning the death sentence awarded to three convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, police said.
The 43-year-old Selvam of West Saidapet, here has been admitted to hospital with 40 per cent burns, police said.
On Sunday, a 22-year-old woman, Sengodi of Kancheepuram, succumbed to her injuries after she set herself on fire condemning the death sentence awarded to Murugan, Santhan and Perarivalan convicted in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
Chief Minister, Jayalalithaa had said, in the state assembly on Tuesday that she had no power to alter the Presidential order rejecting the clemency plea of the three convicts and called upon the youth "not to act upon impulse."
The three are scheduled to be hanged on September 9 at the central prison in Vellore where they are presently imprisoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur