Rajiv killers’ hanging: Man sets himself afire
Chennai: A man on Tuesday suffered burns after he set himself ablaze here allegedly condemning the death sentence awarded to three convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, police said.
The 43-year-old Selvam of West Saidapet, here has been admitted to hospital with 40 per cent burns, police said.
On Sunday, a 22-year-old woman, Sengodi of Kancheepuram, succumbed to her injuries after she set herself on fire condemning the death sentence awarded to Murugan, Santhan and Perarivalan convicted in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
Chief Minister, Jayalalithaa had said, in the state assembly on Tuesday that she had no power to alter the Presidential order rejecting the clemency plea of the three convicts and called upon the youth "not to act upon impulse."
The three are scheduled to be hanged on September 9 at the central prison in Vellore where they are presently imprisoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Merkel 'firmly' rejects reversing refugee policy after attacks
- Delhi government schools to hold first-ever parents-teachers meeting
- Faircent acclaimed ‘Interbrand Breakthrough Brand in Finance’ by Interbrand
- No concrete evidence on missing AN-32, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Confirmed: Apple iPhone 7 pre-orders to start September 9