Rajiv killers’ hanging: Man sets himself afire
Chennai: A man on Tuesday suffered burns after he set himself ablaze here allegedly condemning the death sentence awarded to three convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, police said.
The 43-year-old Selvam of West Saidapet, here has been admitted to hospital with 40 per cent burns, police said.
On Sunday, a 22-year-old woman, Sengodi of Kancheepuram, succumbed to her injuries after she set herself on fire condemning the death sentence awarded to Murugan, Santhan and Perarivalan convicted in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
Chief Minister, Jayalalithaa had said, in the state assembly on Tuesday that she had no power to alter the Presidential order rejecting the clemency plea of the three convicts and called upon the youth "not to act upon impulse."
The three are scheduled to be hanged on September 9 at the central prison in Vellore where they are presently imprisoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption