Rajiv killing: Nalini seeks `A` class facility
Chennai: The Madras High Court Friday
directed the Tamil Nadu government to file a counter to a petition by Nalini, life convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, seeking a direction to prison authorities
to provide her `A` class facility enjoyed by her earlier.
In her petition, she prayed for a direction to the Superintendent of Police of the Special Prison for Women in Vellore to provide the facility immediately.
She was provided `A` class facility following a
designated court`s order on September 3, 2009 based on her
educational qualification (MA), which she enjoyed until June
28, 2010, when she was transferred to Special Prison for Women
in Puzhal near here.
She alleged she was not provided `A` class facility both
in Puzhal prison and Vellore jail, where she has been lodged
since September 7 this year.
Justices Elipe Dharma Rao and M Venugopal directed the
government to file the counter and posted the case after
vacation on October 11.
Nalini`s husband Murugan`s clemency petition along with
two other convicts awarded death sentence in the Rajiv
assassination case were recently rejected by President
On August 30, the Madras High Court stayed the execution
of the trio scheduled for September 9 for eight weeks while
the same day Tamil Nadu assembly adopted a "unanimous"
resolution seeking clemency for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000