Rajiv killing: Nalini seeks `A` class facility
Chennai: The Madras High Court Friday
directed the Tamil Nadu government to file a counter to a petition by Nalini, life convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, seeking a direction to prison authorities
to provide her `A` class facility enjoyed by her earlier.
In her petition, she prayed for a direction to the Superintendent of Police of the Special Prison for Women in Vellore to provide the facility immediately.
She was provided `A` class facility following a
designated court`s order on September 3, 2009 based on her
educational qualification (MA), which she enjoyed until June
28, 2010, when she was transferred to Special Prison for Women
in Puzhal near here.
She alleged she was not provided `A` class facility both
in Puzhal prison and Vellore jail, where she has been lodged
since September 7 this year.
Justices Elipe Dharma Rao and M Venugopal directed the
government to file the counter and posted the case after
vacation on October 11.
Nalini`s husband Murugan`s clemency petition along with
two other convicts awarded death sentence in the Rajiv
assassination case were recently rejected by President
On August 30, the Madras High Court stayed the execution
of the trio scheduled for September 9 for eight weeks while
the same day Tamil Nadu assembly adopted a "unanimous"
resolution seeking clemency for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan