Rajiv killing: Nalini seeks `A` class facility
Chennai: The Madras High Court Friday
directed the Tamil Nadu government to file a counter to a petition by Nalini, life convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, seeking a direction to prison authorities
to provide her `A` class facility enjoyed by her earlier.
In her petition, she prayed for a direction to the Superintendent of Police of the Special Prison for Women in Vellore to provide the facility immediately.
She was provided `A` class facility following a
designated court`s order on September 3, 2009 based on her
educational qualification (MA), which she enjoyed until June
28, 2010, when she was transferred to Special Prison for Women
in Puzhal near here.
She alleged she was not provided `A` class facility both
in Puzhal prison and Vellore jail, where she has been lodged
since September 7 this year.
Justices Elipe Dharma Rao and M Venugopal directed the
government to file the counter and posted the case after
vacation on October 11.
Nalini`s husband Murugan`s clemency petition along with
two other convicts awarded death sentence in the Rajiv
assassination case were recently rejected by President
On August 30, the Madras High Court stayed the execution
of the trio scheduled for September 9 for eight weeks while
the same day Tamil Nadu assembly adopted a "unanimous"
resolution seeking clemency for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview