Rajkumar kidnap: Court question Veerappan`s wife
Erode (TN): The wife of slain forest brigand
Veerappan was on Friday questioned by a court in Gobicheetipalayam
in the district during the trial in a case relating to the
kidnapping of Kannada thespian Rajkumar in 2000.
Muthulakshmi, facing charges of receiving a portion of the
ransom paid for the release of Rajkumar, was questioned by
Fast Track Court Judge K Krishnan in the case relating to
ransom got in exchange for the release of Rajkumar.
The trial in the case began yesterday when Govindaraj, the
brother in-law of Rajkumar, Nagappa an assistant of the actor,
and Nagesh and Subramani, also abducted along with the star,
were questioned by the Judge.
Rajkumar was abducted by Veerappan and his associates from
his farm house at Dhodda Gajanure in Thalawady on July 19,
2000 and released after 108 days in captivity.
Police had filed a case in 2003 against 24 persons,
including Veerappan and Muthulakshmi relating to sharing of
According to the chargesheet, Veerappan had received huge
ransom for release of Rajkumar and shared it with his wife and
others. But Muthulakshmi and his relatives have denied the
Veerappan, wanted by both Tamil Nadu and Karnataka police
in connection with several cases, was killed by Special Task
Force in an encounter on October 18, 2004 in Tamil Nadu`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?