Rajkumar kidnap: Court question Veerappan`s wife
Erode (TN): The wife of slain forest brigand
Veerappan was on Friday questioned by a court in Gobicheetipalayam
in the district during the trial in a case relating to the
kidnapping of Kannada thespian Rajkumar in 2000.
Muthulakshmi, facing charges of receiving a portion of the
ransom paid for the release of Rajkumar, was questioned by
Fast Track Court Judge K Krishnan in the case relating to
ransom got in exchange for the release of Rajkumar.
The trial in the case began yesterday when Govindaraj, the
brother in-law of Rajkumar, Nagappa an assistant of the actor,
and Nagesh and Subramani, also abducted along with the star,
were questioned by the Judge.
Rajkumar was abducted by Veerappan and his associates from
his farm house at Dhodda Gajanure in Thalawady on July 19,
2000 and released after 108 days in captivity.
Police had filed a case in 2003 against 24 persons,
including Veerappan and Muthulakshmi relating to sharing of
According to the chargesheet, Veerappan had received huge
ransom for release of Rajkumar and shared it with his wife and
others. But Muthulakshmi and his relatives have denied the
Veerappan, wanted by both Tamil Nadu and Karnataka police
in connection with several cases, was killed by Special Task
Force in an encounter on October 18, 2004 in Tamil Nadu`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview