Rajnikanth falls ill, briefly hospitalised
Chennai: Tamil movie superstar Rajnikanth was admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) of St Isabel Hospital here on Friday after a bout of vomiting in the morning, doctors said. He was discharged in the evening.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi and his daughter Kanimozhi visited Rajnikanth at the hospital and enquired about his health.
Earlier, speaking to reporters, the actor`s wife Lata Rajnikanth said he had eaten something in the morning and started throwing up.
In the morning, Rajnikanth was shooting for the movie "Rana" here. He is doing a triple role in the film.
Directed by KS Ravikumar, "Rana" is being produced by Rajnikanth`s daughter Soundarya`s Ochre Studios in association with Eros International.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city