Rajnikanth falls ill, briefly hospitalised
Chennai: Tamil movie superstar Rajnikanth was admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) of St Isabel Hospital here on Friday after a bout of vomiting in the morning, doctors said. He was discharged in the evening.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi and his daughter Kanimozhi visited Rajnikanth at the hospital and enquired about his health.
Earlier, speaking to reporters, the actor`s wife Lata Rajnikanth said he had eaten something in the morning and started throwing up.
In the morning, Rajnikanth was shooting for the movie "Rana" here. He is doing a triple role in the film.
Directed by KS Ravikumar, "Rana" is being produced by Rajnikanth`s daughter Soundarya`s Ochre Studios in association with Eros International.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez