Ramadoss asks Govt to speed up power projects
Chennai: With power cuts reportedly continuing in some parts of the state, PMK founder S Ramadoss today urged the Tamil Nadu government to speed up various solar and thermal power projects to manage the situation.
Though the state government had unveiled the ambitious `Tamil Nadu Solar Energy Policy 2012` which envisaged generating 3000 mw of power by 2015, it was yet to achieve desired results, he said in a statement here.
While 2000 mw of power should have been generated since last year and by the end of the current year, "not a single mw of power has been generated," he said.
While states like Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra were effectively implementing various solar power projects, Tamil Nadu was could generate only about 28 mw despite availability of sunlight for 300 days a year in Tamil Nadu, he said.
Though the government had recently announced doing away with power cuts in anticipation of better output from windmills, "power cuts are increasing day by day," he said.
"Without further delay, solar and thermal power projects (which are under construction) should be speedened up" to manage the situation somewhat, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez