Ramadoss asks Govt to speed up power projects
Chennai: With power cuts reportedly continuing in some parts of the state, PMK founder S Ramadoss today urged the Tamil Nadu government to speed up various solar and thermal power projects to manage the situation.
Though the state government had unveiled the ambitious `Tamil Nadu Solar Energy Policy 2012` which envisaged generating 3000 mw of power by 2015, it was yet to achieve desired results, he said in a statement here.
While 2000 mw of power should have been generated since last year and by the end of the current year, "not a single mw of power has been generated," he said.
While states like Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra were effectively implementing various solar power projects, Tamil Nadu was could generate only about 28 mw despite availability of sunlight for 300 days a year in Tamil Nadu, he said.
Though the government had recently announced doing away with power cuts in anticipation of better output from windmills, "power cuts are increasing day by day," he said.
"Without further delay, solar and thermal power projects (which are under construction) should be speedened up" to manage the situation somewhat, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj