Rameswaram: Seven-year-old girl run over by lorry
Rameswaram: A seven-year-old girl was killed on Thursday after being allegedly hit by a lorry near Thangachimadam, police said.
Mahalakshmi, the victim, died on the spot after being knocked over by the brick-laden lorry due to a head injury, police said.
About 300 people resorted to blocking the road after the accident, holding up traffic for over an hour, police said.
They dispersed after assurances from Deputy Superintendent of Poilice Manivannan that the culpable driver would be arrested and a speed braker would be laid in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan