Rameswaram: Seven-year-old girl run over by lorry
Rameswaram: A seven-year-old girl was killed on Thursday after being allegedly hit by a lorry near Thangachimadam, police said.
Mahalakshmi, the victim, died on the spot after being knocked over by the brick-laden lorry due to a head injury, police said.
About 300 people resorted to blocking the road after the accident, holding up traffic for over an hour, police said.
They dispersed after assurances from Deputy Superintendent of Poilice Manivannan that the culpable driver would be arrested and a speed braker would be laid in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon