Rape of minor girls: One taken into custody for questioning
Coimbatore: A notorious eve-teaser, taken into custody for questioning in connection with the kidnap and rape of two minor girls at Pollachi on Friday confessed to the police that his friend one Veerasami and his accomplice were behind the crime, police said.
An intensive search was on for the culprits, who had kidnapped and raped two minor girls of a private hostel in Pollachi in the early hours yesterday.
He told the police that though Veeramani and his accomplice had asked him to accompany them before kidnapping and raping the girls, he refused to do so, police said.
Six special police teams have been formed to trace Veerasami and his friend, police said.
The condition of the girls, admitted to hospital with bleeding injuries, was stated to be improving, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Australian PM says won't back former leader Rudd for top UN job
- Hillary Clinton unfit to lead US; our way of life is under threat from radical Islam: Donald Trump
- Kathmandu Valley to observe chariot festival today
- Infiltration, terror attacks to figure prominently when Rajnath Singh travels to Pakistan next month
- Majithia defamation case: Arvind Kejriwal gets bail in defamation case in Punjab