Rape of minor girls: One taken into custody for questioning
Coimbatore: A notorious eve-teaser, taken into custody for questioning in connection with the kidnap and rape of two minor girls at Pollachi on Friday confessed to the police that his friend one Veerasami and his accomplice were behind the crime, police said.
An intensive search was on for the culprits, who had kidnapped and raped two minor girls of a private hostel in Pollachi in the early hours yesterday.
He told the police that though Veeramani and his accomplice had asked him to accompany them before kidnapping and raping the girls, he refused to do so, police said.
Six special police teams have been formed to trace Veerasami and his friend, police said.
The condition of the girls, admitted to hospital with bleeding injuries, was stated to be improving, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price