Rape of Russian girl barbaric act, says child rights body
Chennai: The National Commission for
Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) on Thursday described the rape of
nine-year-old Russian girl in Goa as a "barbaric act" and said
stringent action should be taken against the perpetrators.
"It is a barbaric act and needs to be totally condemned.
Whoever has committed it, should be put behind the bars,"
NCPCR Chairperson Shantha Sinha told reporters here.
The girl was raped on Arambol Beach on January 26 after
which the Russian Embassy in Delhi expressed its outrage over
the incident and demanded strict and efficient measures to
ensure safety of its citizens visiting Goa.
Goa Police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused
involved in the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark