Rape of Russian girl barbaric act, says child rights body
Chennai: The National Commission for
Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) on Thursday described the rape of
nine-year-old Russian girl in Goa as a "barbaric act" and said
stringent action should be taken against the perpetrators.
"It is a barbaric act and needs to be totally condemned.
Whoever has committed it, should be put behind the bars,"
NCPCR Chairperson Shantha Sinha told reporters here.
The girl was raped on Arambol Beach on January 26 after
which the Russian Embassy in Delhi expressed its outrage over
the incident and demanded strict and efficient measures to
ensure safety of its citizens visiting Goa.
Goa Police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused
involved in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda