Rare show of unity among AIADMK, DMK at public event
Salem: In a rare show of unity at a public event, two AIADMK ministers and a DMK MP on Saturday flagged off a train from here to mark start of broad Gauge services on the 85 km Salem-Karur line.
Ministers Edapadipalanisamy and Thangamani, along with KP Ramalingam, DMK MP flagged off the train service.
Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker Dhanapal and Salem Mayor S Soundappan were, as also a huge number of AIADMK workers and some of Ramalingam`s associates were present on the occasion.
Sources said regular services would commence at 0630 hrs on May 27 and would be run on all days, except Sundays.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler