Rare show of unity among AIADMK, DMK at public event
Salem: In a rare show of unity at a public event, two AIADMK ministers and a DMK MP on Saturday flagged off a train from here to mark start of broad Gauge services on the 85 km Salem-Karur line.
Ministers Edapadipalanisamy and Thangamani, along with KP Ramalingam, DMK MP flagged off the train service.
Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker Dhanapal and Salem Mayor S Soundappan were, as also a huge number of AIADMK workers and some of Ramalingam`s associates were present on the occasion.
Sources said regular services would commence at 0630 hrs on May 27 and would be run on all days, except Sundays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read