Rare show of unity among AIADMK, DMK at public event
Salem: In a rare show of unity at a public event, two AIADMK ministers and a DMK MP on Saturday flagged off a train from here to mark start of broad Gauge services on the 85 km Salem-Karur line.
Ministers Edapadipalanisamy and Thangamani, along with KP Ramalingam, DMK MP flagged off the train service.
Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker Dhanapal and Salem Mayor S Soundappan were, as also a huge number of AIADMK workers and some of Ramalingam`s associates were present on the occasion.
Sources said regular services would commence at 0630 hrs on May 27 and would be run on all days, except Sundays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!