Rare show of unity among AIADMK, DMK at public event
Salem: In a rare show of unity at a public event, two AIADMK ministers and a DMK MP on Saturday flagged off a train from here to mark start of broad Gauge services on the 85 km Salem-Karur line.
Ministers Edapadipalanisamy and Thangamani, along with KP Ramalingam, DMK MP flagged off the train service.
Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker Dhanapal and Salem Mayor S Soundappan were, as also a huge number of AIADMK workers and some of Ramalingam`s associates were present on the occasion.
Sources said regular services would commence at 0630 hrs on May 27 and would be run on all days, except Sundays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah