Rare show of unity among AIADMK, DMK at public event
Salem: In a rare show of unity at a public event, two AIADMK ministers and a DMK MP on Saturday flagged off a train from here to mark start of broad Gauge services on the 85 km Salem-Karur line.
Ministers Edapadipalanisamy and Thangamani, along with KP Ramalingam, DMK MP flagged off the train service.
Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker Dhanapal and Salem Mayor S Soundappan were, as also a huge number of AIADMK workers and some of Ramalingam`s associates were present on the occasion.
Sources said regular services would commence at 0630 hrs on May 27 and would be run on all days, except Sundays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold price climbs by Rs 120 to Rs 30,770 per 10 grams
- Fans bamboozled! John Cena posts Virat Kohli's picture on official instagram account, no reason cited
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian
- SBI associates' staff will not be affected by merger: Arun Jaitley