RDO inquiry into `accidental` firing by police officer
Chennai: The Revenue Divisional Officer would conduct an inquiry into the "accidental" firing incident in a police station which left a 16-year-old boy, an accused in a theft case, seriously injured.
The RDO of Tambaram, Indrajit, would conduct the inquiry into the incident, official sources said.
Joint Commissioner (South) Thirugnanam had said that the incident occurred at Neelangarai Police Station when the inspector (crime) was questioning the boy and the officer`s pistol went off "accidentally".
The boy is reportedly in a critical condition in a private hospital, where he is being treated for bullet injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'