Recording of Sasikala’s statement adjourned
Bangalore: The Special Court trying the wealth case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Wednesday adjourned to March 14 further recording of the statement of
Sasikala Natarajan, her estranged aide and co-accused.
Special Court judge B M Mallikarjunaiah allowed the
application filed under section 317 CrPC by Sasikala`s counsel
C Manishankhar seeking adjournment in view of the prevailing
tension in the city civil court complex following the recent
violence against media and police and subsequent boycott of
courts by lawyers.
Manishankhar also sought adjournment on grounds of ill-health of Sasikala and Ilavarasi, another accused.
While Assistant Special Public Prosecutor Sandesh
Chouta opposed the application, Manishankhar sought to know
whether he would take the responsibility for the security
of the accused and the lawyers.
At the this, the judge adjourned the case to March 14.
During the last hearing on March 2, Sasikala answered 16
questions, taking the total number answered to 300.
The case related to alleged accumulation of wealth
disproportionate to her known sources of income when Jayalalithaa was chief minister earlier from 1991-95 and had
been transferred to Bangalore by the Supreme Court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India