Red Sandalwood seized from Singapore-bound passenger
Chennai: Forty kg of red sandalwood, valued at around Rs two crore in the international market, has been seized from a Singapore-bound passenger at the airport here, airport sources said on Wednesday.
Customs officials seized the consignment from 65-year-old Sheikh Dawood, on his way to Singapore late last night from here. He was taken in for questioning after officials became suspicious of his movements at Anna international terminal, sources said.
The sandalwood was found in his baggage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir