Red Sandalwood seized from Singapore-bound passenger
Chennai: Forty kg of red sandalwood, valued at around Rs two crore in the international market, has been seized from a Singapore-bound passenger at the airport here, airport sources said on Wednesday.
Customs officials seized the consignment from 65-year-old Sheikh Dawood, on his way to Singapore late last night from here. He was taken in for questioning after officials became suspicious of his movements at Anna international terminal, sources said.
The sandalwood was found in his baggage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident
- Despite tough training, we'll continue our Ramadan fast: Misbah-ul-Haq tells Mickey Arthur
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside
- BJP's Yashwant Sinha slams NDA policy towards Pakistan, hints at war-like-situation