Red Sandalwood seized from Singapore-bound passenger
Chennai: Forty kg of red sandalwood, valued at around Rs two crore in the international market, has been seized from a Singapore-bound passenger at the airport here, airport sources said on Wednesday.
Customs officials seized the consignment from 65-year-old Sheikh Dawood, on his way to Singapore late last night from here. He was taken in for questioning after officials became suspicious of his movements at Anna international terminal, sources said.
The sandalwood was found in his baggage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka