Red Sandalwood seized from Singapore-bound passenger
Chennai: Forty kg of red sandalwood, valued at around Rs two crore in the international market, has been seized from a Singapore-bound passenger at the airport here, airport sources said on Wednesday.
Customs officials seized the consignment from 65-year-old Sheikh Dawood, on his way to Singapore late last night from here. He was taken in for questioning after officials became suspicious of his movements at Anna international terminal, sources said.
The sandalwood was found in his baggage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH