‘Religious communities shouldn’t instigate anti-nuke stir’
Chennai: Admitting it was the responsibility of the Centre and state governments to allay fears of locals over the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Union Minister V
Narayanasamy on Saturday urged religious communities not to `instigate` anti-nuclear protestors.
Referring to the clash between activists of Hindu Munnani and protestors at the fourth round of talks early this week, he said, "people rang church bells and invited others to the spot. This is highly regrettable."
"Religious groups should not indulge in such activities", he told reporters at the airport en route to Tiruneveli, where Congress will hold a public meeting today to explain the safety aspects and drum up support for early commissioning of
the nuclear plant.
Criticising the anti-nuclear protestors, he sought to know why they were not protesting against nuclear plants in US, where one lakh megawatt of power is generated.
Asked whether Home Minister P Chidambaram be included as an accused in the 2G-spectrum scam, he said if at all somebody should be blamed, then it should be the NDA government as they had formulated the policy.
"There is no case of criminality or corruption against Chidambaram. The petitioner is trying to tarnish the image of Chidambaram. I strongly condemn it", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read