Remand of 65 TN fishermen extended till August 28
Rameswaram: Two courts in Sri Lanka on Wednesday extended till August 28 the remand of 65 Tamil Nadu fishermen, who were arrested by naval personnel of the island nation last month for reportedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line.
The fishermen from Nagapattinam, Karaikal and Akkaraipettai had put out to sea on July 30 when they were arrested by Sri Lankan Naval personnel, officials said.
The fishermen, lodged in prisons in Paruthithurai and Trikonamalai, were produced before magistrates of courts in those towns today, who extended their remand till August 28, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- GST: 1% additional tax dropped; states to get full compensation for first 5 years
- Did PCB chief Shaharyar Khan gift 'hijabs' to ECB's female staff? Here's the truth...
- Brie Larson admits she feared backlash for 'Captain Marvel' casting
- Karnataka bus strike called off but do you know how much it cost the exchequer?
- Terrorists planning to target PM Narendra Modi with drone on Independence Day?