Remand of 65 TN fishermen extended till August 28
Rameswaram: Two courts in Sri Lanka on Wednesday extended till August 28 the remand of 65 Tamil Nadu fishermen, who were arrested by naval personnel of the island nation last month for reportedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line.
The fishermen from Nagapattinam, Karaikal and Akkaraipettai had put out to sea on July 30 when they were arrested by Sri Lankan Naval personnel, officials said.
The fishermen, lodged in prisons in Paruthithurai and Trikonamalai, were produced before magistrates of courts in those towns today, who extended their remand till August 28, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma