`Reports of training of Lankan airmen regrettable`
Chennai: Joining leaders of various political parties in Tamil Nadu voicing their concern over training of Sri Lankan airmen here, Union Minister G K Vasan ton Friday said the move was "unacceptable and regrettable".
Noting that the reports about imparting training to Sri Lankan airmen was a "big concern", Vasan said TNCC president B S Gnanadesikan had already taken up the issue with the Central ministers.
"Today, he has gone to Delhi. He will definitely apprise serious concerns of Tamil Nadu to the ministers concerned in Delhi. I am sure there will be a full stop to this," the Shipping Minister told reporters, when asked to comment on reports about training being imparted to nine Sri Lankan Air Force personnel at the Tambaram Air Force station near here.
He said resettling of Tamils was India`s concern in Sri Lanka. "Not only that, we are equally concerned about giving equal powers to the Tamils as the way Sinhalese are getting in Sri Lanka. This is our concern," he said. br>
The reported training of Lankan Air Force personnel by India came in for sharp attack from various political parties in the state, with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa describing it as an "insult to Tamil people".
She along with DMK president M Karunanidhi and others demanded that the Lankan Air Force personnel be sent back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what