Retd employees appointment only temporary arrangement: TN CM
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Saturday said the state government`s order to appoint
retired employees on contract basis is only a "temporary"
arrangement as the process of filling vacancies by Tamil Nadu
Public Service commission was taking a long time.
The order had clearly stipulated that such appointments
should be only for a short period till the vacancies were
filled by the service commission, he wrote in the DMK`s
official organ `Murasoli` refuting AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa`s
charge that the appointments of retired employees would
prevent youths from getting jobs.
The government order had clearly said the contract
appointments should be made only in exceptional cases and
where there was a need as the vacancies might lead to delay in
implementing several government schemes, he said.
On Maritime Fishing Regulation bill, Karunanidhi wrote he
had already taken up the matter with Union Agriculture
Minister Sharad Pawar, who had promised not to introduce the
bill in the just ended parliament session.
Karunanidhi said he had also spoken to Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram on the proposed legislation who had
informed him yesterday that the Union Secretary (Fisheries)
had told him that the bill was yet to be prepared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi