Retd employees appointment only temporary arrangement: TN CM
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Saturday said the state government`s order to appoint
retired employees on contract basis is only a "temporary"
arrangement as the process of filling vacancies by Tamil Nadu
Public Service commission was taking a long time.
The order had clearly stipulated that such appointments
should be only for a short period till the vacancies were
filled by the service commission, he wrote in the DMK`s
official organ `Murasoli` refuting AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa`s
charge that the appointments of retired employees would
prevent youths from getting jobs.
The government order had clearly said the contract
appointments should be made only in exceptional cases and
where there was a need as the vacancies might lead to delay in
implementing several government schemes, he said.
On Maritime Fishing Regulation bill, Karunanidhi wrote he
had already taken up the matter with Union Agriculture
Minister Sharad Pawar, who had promised not to introduce the
bill in the just ended parliament session.
Karunanidhi said he had also spoken to Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram on the proposed legislation who had
informed him yesterday that the Union Secretary (Fisheries)
had told him that the bill was yet to be prepared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves