Retd employees appointment only temporary arrangement: TN CM
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Saturday said the state government`s order to appoint
retired employees on contract basis is only a "temporary"
arrangement as the process of filling vacancies by Tamil Nadu
Public Service commission was taking a long time.
The order had clearly stipulated that such appointments
should be only for a short period till the vacancies were
filled by the service commission, he wrote in the DMK`s
official organ `Murasoli` refuting AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa`s
charge that the appointments of retired employees would
prevent youths from getting jobs.
The government order had clearly said the contract
appointments should be made only in exceptional cases and
where there was a need as the vacancies might lead to delay in
implementing several government schemes, he said.
On Maritime Fishing Regulation bill, Karunanidhi wrote he
had already taken up the matter with Union Agriculture
Minister Sharad Pawar, who had promised not to introduce the
bill in the just ended parliament session.
Karunanidhi said he had also spoken to Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram on the proposed legislation who had
informed him yesterday that the Union Secretary (Fisheries)
had told him that the bill was yet to be prepared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore