Rise in water levels at Vaigai and Periyar dams in Tamil Nadu
Andipatti: Good rains in catchment areas resulted in a rise in water level at the Vaigai dam at 32.78 feet against its full level of 71 feet.
The inflow was 501 cusecs and the dicharge was 60 cusecs, PWD sources said.
Likewise the inflow into the Periyar dam was 1227 cusecs, aided by good rains in catchment areas. The dam level was 117.90 feet against its maximum level of 136 feet.The discharge was 600 cusecs.
The amount of rainfall recorded today till 8 am (all in MM): Periyar 24.8, Thekkady 18.6, Veerapandi 6, Bodi 8.4, Megamalai 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor
- Hyundai to bring hybrids to India by next year
- Los Angeles Police say reports of gunfire at airport were false alarm, 'Zorro' detained
- Happy Birthday Dhyan Chand: 10 interesting facts you must know about India's hockey legend
- AAP-Sheila Dikshit trying to suppress Rs 400 crore water tanker scam: BJP