Rise in water levels at Vaigai and Periyar dams in Tamil Nadu
Andipatti: Good rains in catchment areas resulted in a rise in water level at the Vaigai dam at 32.78 feet against its full level of 71 feet.
The inflow was 501 cusecs and the dicharge was 60 cusecs, PWD sources said.
Likewise the inflow into the Periyar dam was 1227 cusecs, aided by good rains in catchment areas. The dam level was 117.90 feet against its maximum level of 136 feet.The discharge was 600 cusecs.
The amount of rainfall recorded today till 8 am (all in MM): Periyar 24.8, Thekkady 18.6, Veerapandi 6, Bodi 8.4, Megamalai 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman