Rise in water levels at Vaigai and Periyar dams in Tamil Nadu
Andipatti: Good rains in catchment areas resulted in a rise in water level at the Vaigai dam at 32.78 feet against its full level of 71 feet.
The inflow was 501 cusecs and the dicharge was 60 cusecs, PWD sources said.
Likewise the inflow into the Periyar dam was 1227 cusecs, aided by good rains in catchment areas. The dam level was 117.90 feet against its maximum level of 136 feet.The discharge was 600 cusecs.
The amount of rainfall recorded today till 8 am (all in MM): Periyar 24.8, Thekkady 18.6, Veerapandi 6, Bodi 8.4, Megamalai 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey