Rise in water levels at Vaigai and Periyar dams in Tamil Nadu
Andipatti: Good rains in catchment areas resulted in a rise in water level at the Vaigai dam at 32.78 feet against its full level of 71 feet.
The inflow was 501 cusecs and the dicharge was 60 cusecs, PWD sources said.
Likewise the inflow into the Periyar dam was 1227 cusecs, aided by good rains in catchment areas. The dam level was 117.90 feet against its maximum level of 136 feet.The discharge was 600 cusecs.
The amount of rainfall recorded today till 8 am (all in MM): Periyar 24.8, Thekkady 18.6, Veerapandi 6, Bodi 8.4, Megamalai 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?