Rise in water levels at Vaigai and Periyar dams in Tamil Nadu
Andipatti: Good rains in catchment areas resulted in a rise in water level at the Vaigai dam at 32.78 feet against its full level of 71 feet.
The inflow was 501 cusecs and the dicharge was 60 cusecs, PWD sources said.
Likewise the inflow into the Periyar dam was 1227 cusecs, aided by good rains in catchment areas. The dam level was 117.90 feet against its maximum level of 136 feet.The discharge was 600 cusecs.
The amount of rainfall recorded today till 8 am (all in MM): Periyar 24.8, Thekkady 18.6, Veerapandi 6, Bodi 8.4, Megamalai 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand