Robbers loot public sector bank
Chennai: Less than a month after an armed bank robbery took place in the city, four unidentified men on Monday looted public sector Indian Overseas Bank at Keelkatalai in the city suburbs and decamped with over Rs five lakh.
The incident occurred in daylight when robbers entered the bank, threatened bank officials and escaped with the booty, police said.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and finger print experts and sniffer dogs were pressed into service to get clues to nab the culprits.
Four armed men had robbed the Bank of Baroda branch at Perungudi on January 23 and escaped with Rs 19 lakh. Police are yet to crack the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!