Robbers loot public sector bank
Chennai: Less than a month after an armed bank robbery took place in the city, four unidentified men on Monday looted public sector Indian Overseas Bank at Keelkatalai in the city suburbs and decamped with over Rs five lakh.
The incident occurred in daylight when robbers entered the bank, threatened bank officials and escaped with the booty, police said.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and finger print experts and sniffer dogs were pressed into service to get clues to nab the culprits.
Four armed men had robbed the Bank of Baroda branch at Perungudi on January 23 and escaped with Rs 19 lakh. Police are yet to crack the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC