Robbers loot public sector bank
Chennai: Less than a month after an armed bank robbery took place in the city, four unidentified men on Monday looted public sector Indian Overseas Bank at Keelkatalai in the city suburbs and decamped with over Rs five lakh.
The incident occurred in daylight when robbers entered the bank, threatened bank officials and escaped with the booty, police said.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and finger print experts and sniffer dogs were pressed into service to get clues to nab the culprits.
Four armed men had robbed the Bank of Baroda branch at Perungudi on January 23 and escaped with Rs 19 lakh. Police are yet to crack the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley