Robbers loot public sector bank
Chennai: Less than a month after an armed bank robbery took place in the city, four unidentified men on Monday looted public sector Indian Overseas Bank at Keelkatalai in the city suburbs and decamped with over Rs five lakh.
The incident occurred in daylight when robbers entered the bank, threatened bank officials and escaped with the booty, police said.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and finger print experts and sniffer dogs were pressed into service to get clues to nab the culprits.
Four armed men had robbed the Bank of Baroda branch at Perungudi on January 23 and escaped with Rs 19 lakh. Police are yet to crack the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS