Roll back LPG price hike: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa Thursday demanded the central government either roll back the hike of Rs.220 for non-subsidised cooking gas (LPG) cylinders or increase the supply of subsidized cylinders per year.
"Considering the hardship faced by the people and their feelings, the hike in the prices of non-subsidised gas cylinder should be revoked or increase the supply on subsidised cooking gas cylinders to 24 per year," J. Jayalalithaa said in a statement issued here.
Jayalalithaa said the prices should be fixed based on the costs incurred in domestic production, imports and refining costs.
She said had the rates fixed based on these factors, the price hike could have been avoided. It is not acceptable to fix the cooking gas prices based on international rates.
Jayalalithaa said that in September 2012, the prices of non-subsidised cooking gas cylinder was priced at Rs.780 and this has been increased to Rs.1,234 in a gradual manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'