Roll back LPG price hike: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa Thursday demanded the central government either roll back the hike of Rs.220 for non-subsidised cooking gas (LPG) cylinders or increase the supply of subsidized cylinders per year.
"Considering the hardship faced by the people and their feelings, the hike in the prices of non-subsidised gas cylinder should be revoked or increase the supply on subsidised cooking gas cylinders to 24 per year," J. Jayalalithaa said in a statement issued here.
Jayalalithaa said the prices should be fixed based on the costs incurred in domestic production, imports and refining costs.
She said had the rates fixed based on these factors, the price hike could have been avoided. It is not acceptable to fix the cooking gas prices based on international rates.
Jayalalithaa said that in September 2012, the prices of non-subsidised cooking gas cylinder was priced at Rs.780 and this has been increased to Rs.1,234 in a gradual manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?