Rough sea, winds prevent boats from putting out to sea in TN
Rameswaram: About 600 mechanised and country boats did not put out to sea Monday due to rough seas and 55 kmph winds, officials said.
Assistant Director, Fisheries, Phelomena Thiagarajan warned them against putting out to sea due to the conditions, officials said.
Fishermen from this coastal town and neighbouring areas heeded the warning and did not put out to sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon