Rowdy gets 10-yr jail term in rape case
Namakkal: A fast-track court here has sentenced a rowdy-sheeter to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment for raping a 21-year-old woman in 2009.
Fast track court judge Basher Ahamed yesterday also sentenced Shankar alias Jaishankar to seven years of RI for snatching the gold chain of the victim. Both the sentences would run concurrently, Rasipuram DSP A Raja said.
According to the prosecution, Shankar waylaid the woman
near Rasipuram area when she was returning home from work on
October 10, 2009. After raping her, he took her gold chain and
Shankar is also facing a number of murder and dacoity
charges in Karnataka, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur