Rs 100 cr alloted for rural buildings scheme in TN
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government today allotted Rs 100 crore towards `Rural Buildings Maintenance and Renovation Scheme` during 2013-14 for renovating government buildings in rural areas across the state.
Making a suo motu statement in the Assembly, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said works under the scheme would be implemented by local bodies.
The scheme would cover the maintenance and renovation of community centres, nutritious meals scheme, anganwadis, public distribution shops, milk union and cooperative societies, town panchayat offices, libraries, burial grounds, overhead water tanks and sports centres in rural areas, she said.
Attempting to repair roads in rural areas, she announced the creation of `Rural Roads Maintenance Scheme` with Rs 400 crore for which funds would be sourced from state Finance Committee as well as 13th Finance Committee.
Observing that roads using plastic waste of 917 tonnes were laid to a total length of 1002 km last year in rural areas, she said, another 1000 km would be laid this year.
The government has also allotted Rs 50 crore and Rs 20 crore for the construction of 25 panchayat union offices and 200 village panchayats across the state respectively, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report