Rs 112 cr recd as relief for cyclone Thane
Chennai: A total of around Rs 112 crore has
been receieved by the state government towards cyclone Thane
State Ministers B Valarmathi and BV Ramana besides
others, including Coimbatore Mayor S M Velusamy submitted a
total contribution of over Rs five crore to Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa today at the Secretariat.
An official release said a sum of Rs 112.28 crore has
been received to Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund so far.
Cyclone Thane had battered Cuddalore and Villupuram
districts of the state on December 30. Jayalalithaa had
requested for contributions in the wake of the enormity of the
losses caused due to the cyclone.
The Tamil Nadu government had also made a plea for
Central assistance of over Rs 5,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates