Rs 112 cr recd as relief for cyclone Thane
Chennai: A total of around Rs 112 crore has
been receieved by the state government towards cyclone Thane
State Ministers B Valarmathi and BV Ramana besides
others, including Coimbatore Mayor S M Velusamy submitted a
total contribution of over Rs five crore to Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa today at the Secretariat.
An official release said a sum of Rs 112.28 crore has
been received to Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund so far.
Cyclone Thane had battered Cuddalore and Villupuram
districts of the state on December 30. Jayalalithaa had
requested for contributions in the wake of the enormity of the
losses caused due to the cyclone.
The Tamil Nadu government had also made a plea for
Central assistance of over Rs 5,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued