Rs 1,200 crore paper board project in TN: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on Tuesday said paper major Tamil Nadu Newsprint & Papers Ltd (TNPL) will set up a multilayer double-coated board project at an outlay of Rs.1,200 crore in Tiruchirapalli district.
Jayalalithaa announced in the assembly that "TNPL will set up a 200,000-tonne per annum (tpa) plant to make multilayer double-coated board at an outlay of Rs.1,200 crore".
She said work on the project would commence this fiscal and the plant will be ready in 2016.
Jayalalithaa said the proposed project will be set up on 989 acres in Mondipatti village and its surroundings falling under Srirangam constituency in the Tiruchirapalli (Trichy) district, around 350 km from Chennai.
Jayalalithaa was herself elected from the Srirangam constituency in the May 2011 elections.
She also said a deep water port, a floating storage regasification unit and a 500MW gas-based power plant will be set up in Nagapattinam district at an outlay of Rs.3,500 crore by Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO).
In order to have statewide industrial development, Jayalalithaa announced the setting up of a 2,000-acre industrial park in Ramanathapuram district for petroleium refinery, chemical and fertiliser units.
In Pudukottai district, an industrial park for engineering, metal and leather units will be set up.
A 1,500 acre industrial park will be built for engineering and food processing units and a food park on 2,000 acre will be set up in Theni district, she said.
She said in Virudhunagar, an industrial estate measuring 3,400 acres will be set up with proper infrastructure for sectors like fire cracker, printing, food processing and others.
A renewable energy hub will come up in Tirunelveli district to attract units making solar panels, household equipments and other renewable energy products.
She said the government has also decided to promote investments in marine industries --ship building and repair, heavy engineering and others -- by setting up a 6,000 acre industrial park in Tuticorin district and a 250 acre park in Kanyakumari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what