Rs 1,200 crore paper board project in TN: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on Tuesday said paper major Tamil Nadu Newsprint & Papers Ltd (TNPL) will set up a multilayer double-coated board project at an outlay of Rs.1,200 crore in Tiruchirapalli district.
Jayalalithaa announced in the assembly that "TNPL will set up a 200,000-tonne per annum (tpa) plant to make multilayer double-coated board at an outlay of Rs.1,200 crore".
She said work on the project would commence this fiscal and the plant will be ready in 2016.
Jayalalithaa said the proposed project will be set up on 989 acres in Mondipatti village and its surroundings falling under Srirangam constituency in the Tiruchirapalli (Trichy) district, around 350 km from Chennai.
Jayalalithaa was herself elected from the Srirangam constituency in the May 2011 elections.
She also said a deep water port, a floating storage regasification unit and a 500MW gas-based power plant will be set up in Nagapattinam district at an outlay of Rs.3,500 crore by Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO).
In order to have statewide industrial development, Jayalalithaa announced the setting up of a 2,000-acre industrial park in Ramanathapuram district for petroleium refinery, chemical and fertiliser units.
In Pudukottai district, an industrial park for engineering, metal and leather units will be set up.
A 1,500 acre industrial park will be built for engineering and food processing units and a food park on 2,000 acre will be set up in Theni district, she said.
She said in Virudhunagar, an industrial estate measuring 3,400 acres will be set up with proper infrastructure for sectors like fire cracker, printing, food processing and others.
A renewable energy hub will come up in Tirunelveli district to attract units making solar panels, household equipments and other renewable energy products.
She said the government has also decided to promote investments in marine industries --ship building and repair, heavy engineering and others -- by setting up a 6,000 acre industrial park in Tuticorin district and a 250 acre park in Kanyakumari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door