Rs 1,200 crore paper board project in TN: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on Tuesday said paper major Tamil Nadu Newsprint & Papers Ltd (TNPL) will set up a multilayer double-coated board project at an outlay of Rs.1,200 crore in Tiruchirapalli district.
Jayalalithaa announced in the assembly that "TNPL will set up a 200,000-tonne per annum (tpa) plant to make multilayer double-coated board at an outlay of Rs.1,200 crore".
She said work on the project would commence this fiscal and the plant will be ready in 2016.
Jayalalithaa said the proposed project will be set up on 989 acres in Mondipatti village and its surroundings falling under Srirangam constituency in the Tiruchirapalli (Trichy) district, around 350 km from Chennai.
Jayalalithaa was herself elected from the Srirangam constituency in the May 2011 elections.
She also said a deep water port, a floating storage regasification unit and a 500MW gas-based power plant will be set up in Nagapattinam district at an outlay of Rs.3,500 crore by Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO).
In order to have statewide industrial development, Jayalalithaa announced the setting up of a 2,000-acre industrial park in Ramanathapuram district for petroleium refinery, chemical and fertiliser units.
In Pudukottai district, an industrial park for engineering, metal and leather units will be set up.
A 1,500 acre industrial park will be built for engineering and food processing units and a food park on 2,000 acre will be set up in Theni district, she said.
She said in Virudhunagar, an industrial estate measuring 3,400 acres will be set up with proper infrastructure for sectors like fire cracker, printing, food processing and others.
A renewable energy hub will come up in Tirunelveli district to attract units making solar panels, household equipments and other renewable energy products.
She said the government has also decided to promote investments in marine industries --ship building and repair, heavy engineering and others -- by setting up a 6,000 acre industrial park in Tuticorin district and a 250 acre park in Kanyakumari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH