Rs 2.5 cr worth gold biscuits seized from passenger at Trichy airport
Tiruchirappalli, TN: Gold biscuits worth Rs 2.5 crore were seized from a man, who arrived at the airport here today from Malaysia, police said.
Custom officials, who were suspicious of his movements, searched him and found 2.5 kg of gold biscuits hidden in his footwear, they said.
The passenger has been detained for further questioning, they said.
A total of 11 kg of gold had been seized from passengers in the last three days at this airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog