Rs 2.5 cr worth gold biscuits seized from passenger at Trichy airport
Tiruchirappalli, TN: Gold biscuits worth Rs 2.5 crore were seized from a man, who arrived at the airport here today from Malaysia, police said.
Custom officials, who were suspicious of his movements, searched him and found 2.5 kg of gold biscuits hidden in his footwear, they said.
The passenger has been detained for further questioning, they said.
A total of 11 kg of gold had been seized from passengers in the last three days at this airport.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!