Rs 30 cr towards various measures in police dept
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa thursday allocated over Rs 30 crore towards various measures in the police department, including creating a new Commissionerate for Tirupur district.
The Chief Minister,who holds the Home portfolio,said there was a need for an exclusive commissionerate after Tirupur was made a separate district and hence the announcement.
She sanctioned Rs 17.49 crore to this effort and said new police stations would be set up in addition to the existing ones. As many as 536 new appointments will be made, a state government release here said.
Jayalalithaa also sanctioned Rs 12.40 crore towards upgrading outposts in 12 places across the state, including in Chennai, Tuticorin and Tiruchirappally among others, besides approving another Rs 2.97 crore for establishing five new traffic police stations.
These will come up at districts, including Chennai and Madurai, the release said adding these measures were taken in view of ensuring better policing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report