Rs 30 cr towards various measures in police dept
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa thursday allocated over Rs 30 crore towards various measures in the police department, including creating a new Commissionerate for Tirupur district.
The Chief Minister,who holds the Home portfolio,said there was a need for an exclusive commissionerate after Tirupur was made a separate district and hence the announcement.
She sanctioned Rs 17.49 crore to this effort and said new police stations would be set up in addition to the existing ones. As many as 536 new appointments will be made, a state government release here said.
Jayalalithaa also sanctioned Rs 12.40 crore towards upgrading outposts in 12 places across the state, including in Chennai, Tuticorin and Tiruchirappally among others, besides approving another Rs 2.97 crore for establishing five new traffic police stations.
These will come up at districts, including Chennai and Madurai, the release said adding these measures were taken in view of ensuring better policing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress