Rs 30 cr towards various measures in police dept
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa thursday allocated over Rs 30 crore towards various measures in the police department, including creating a new Commissionerate for Tirupur district.
The Chief Minister,who holds the Home portfolio,said there was a need for an exclusive commissionerate after Tirupur was made a separate district and hence the announcement.
She sanctioned Rs 17.49 crore to this effort and said new police stations would be set up in addition to the existing ones. As many as 536 new appointments will be made, a state government release here said.
Jayalalithaa also sanctioned Rs 12.40 crore towards upgrading outposts in 12 places across the state, including in Chennai, Tuticorin and Tiruchirappally among others, besides approving another Rs 2.97 crore for establishing five new traffic police stations.
These will come up at districts, including Chennai and Madurai, the release said adding these measures were taken in view of ensuring better policing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok