Rs 40 lakh worth equipment, tea powder destroyed
Udhagamandalam: About Rs 40 lakh worth equipment and tea powder were gutted in a fire in state owned Indcoserve tea factory at Pandalur, about 80 km from here early this morning but there were no casualties, police said.
Workers in the night shift noticed the fire around 5.30 AM and tried to douse it but it spread, destroying two blowers, the platform and 3,000 Kg of tea powder, they said.
All the workers rushed out to safety.
Fire service tenders from Gudalur rushed to the spot and doused the flames after a three hour effort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video