Rs 40 lakh worth equipment, tea powder destroyed
Udhagamandalam: About Rs 40 lakh worth equipment and tea powder were gutted in a fire in state owned Indcoserve tea factory at Pandalur, about 80 km from here early this morning but there were no casualties, police said.
Workers in the night shift noticed the fire around 5.30 AM and tried to douse it but it spread, destroying two blowers, the platform and 3,000 Kg of tea powder, they said.
All the workers rushed out to safety.
Fire service tenders from Gudalur rushed to the spot and doused the flames after a three hour effort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof