S Arabia okays India`s plea to increase Haj quota
Chennai: Saudi Arabia has accepted India`s
plea to increase the quota of Haj pilgrims from the country
from this year.
A Aboobacker, Vice-President, Haj Committee of India, said
in a statement that the exact quantum would be decided at a
meeting between the Saudi Arabian government and a four-member
delegation of Haj Committee of India at Medina on July 19.
The delegation headed by Aboobacker would comprise of CEO,
Haj Committee of India, Dr Zaheer Hussain, Hassan Ahmed and
Imam Mohammed Madani.
It would urge the Saudi government to provide all facilities
for Haj pilgrims for their stay at Mecca and Madina, he said.
As a result in the hike in quota, Tamil Nadu would get more
numbers for Haj pilgrims he said and thanked Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa for her efforts in getting the quantum increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof