Salaries of Tamil Nadu MLAs hiked
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa on Wednesday announced an increase in the salary of
MLAs, allowing them carry home a package of Rs 55,000 every
Making the announcement in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, she
said the constituency allowance would be hiked from Rs 5000 to
Rs 10,000 for them, resulting in a hike in their monthly
salary and other perks put together.
She announced a similar hike for the Speaker and ministers
resulting in their monthly emoluments increasing from Rs
27,500 to Rs 32,000.
The Deputy Speaker, Opposition Leader and Government chief
whip will now take home a revised salary of Rs 31,500.
The wage revision will put an additional burden of Rs 1.41
crore on the state exchequer, she said adding the revised
structure will come into force from this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price