Sankararaman case: Probe order against Kanchi seer
Chennai: The Madras High Court today
directed the cyber crime branch of Tamil Nadu Police to probe
charges that attempts are being made to influence the
judgement in the September 2004 Sankararaman murder case, in
which Kanchi seer Jayendra Saraswathi is the main accused.
A division bench comprising justices Paul N Vasanathakumar
and GM Akbar Ali also directed continuation of the trial in a
Puducherry sessions court, which has been stayed.
Hearing petitions filed by advocates P Sundararajan,
Manikandan and others, alleging that attempts to influence the
judge are available on tapes, the bench directed the DGP to
appoint Dr Sudhakar, Additional Deputy Commissioner of cyber
crime branch or any other officer of his rank, to investigate
the complaint and file a report within three months.
Sankararaman was the Manager in the Varadarajaperumal
temple in Kancheepuram and was allegedly murdered in his
office on the premises of the temple on September 3, 2004.
Jayendra and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi have been
charged under IPC sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal
The trial was shifted from Chengalpattu court to
Puducherry as per the Supreme Court order given on a petition
filed before the Apex Court by the Kanchi seer in October
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown