Sankararaman case: Probe order against Kanchi seer
Chennai: The Madras High Court today
directed the cyber crime branch of Tamil Nadu Police to probe
charges that attempts are being made to influence the
judgement in the September 2004 Sankararaman murder case, in
which Kanchi seer Jayendra Saraswathi is the main accused.
A division bench comprising justices Paul N Vasanathakumar
and GM Akbar Ali also directed continuation of the trial in a
Puducherry sessions court, which has been stayed.
Hearing petitions filed by advocates P Sundararajan,
Manikandan and others, alleging that attempts to influence the
judge are available on tapes, the bench directed the DGP to
appoint Dr Sudhakar, Additional Deputy Commissioner of cyber
crime branch or any other officer of his rank, to investigate
the complaint and file a report within three months.
Sankararaman was the Manager in the Varadarajaperumal
temple in Kancheepuram and was allegedly murdered in his
office on the premises of the temple on September 3, 2004.
Jayendra and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi have been
charged under IPC sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal
The trial was shifted from Chengalpattu court to
Puducherry as per the Supreme Court order given on a petition
filed before the Apex Court by the Kanchi seer in October
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie