Saraswathy Rangasamy appointed chairperson of commission
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Government Tuesday night appointed Saraswathi Rangasamy as the chairperson of the Tamil Nadu commission for protection of child rights.
The appointment was made by the Governor on the reccomendation of the three member selection committee constituted for the purpose, an official release said.
The minister for social welfare, chief secretary to the government and secretary, social welfare and nutritious meal programme department are the three members.
The release also said Dr Visalakshi Nedunchezhian has been appointed as the chairperson of the Tamil Nadu State Commission for women.
Her appointment would be with immediate effect, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'