Saraswathy Rangasamy appointed chairperson of commission
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Government Tuesday night appointed Saraswathi Rangasamy as the chairperson of the Tamil Nadu commission for protection of child rights.
The appointment was made by the Governor on the reccomendation of the three member selection committee constituted for the purpose, an official release said.
The minister for social welfare, chief secretary to the government and secretary, social welfare and nutritious meal programme department are the three members.
The release also said Dr Visalakshi Nedunchezhian has been appointed as the chairperson of the Tamil Nadu State Commission for women.
Her appointment would be with immediate effect, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown