Saraswathy Rangasamy appointed chairperson of commission
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Government Tuesday night appointed Saraswathi Rangasamy as the chairperson of the Tamil Nadu commission for protection of child rights.
The appointment was made by the Governor on the reccomendation of the three member selection committee constituted for the purpose, an official release said.
The minister for social welfare, chief secretary to the government and secretary, social welfare and nutritious meal programme department are the three members.
The release also said Dr Visalakshi Nedunchezhian has been appointed as the chairperson of the Tamil Nadu State Commission for women.
Her appointment would be with immediate effect, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?