Saraswathy Rangasamy appointed chairperson of commission
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Government Tuesday night appointed Saraswathi Rangasamy as the chairperson of the Tamil Nadu commission for protection of child rights.
The appointment was made by the Governor on the reccomendation of the three member selection committee constituted for the purpose, an official release said.
The minister for social welfare, chief secretary to the government and secretary, social welfare and nutritious meal programme department are the three members.
The release also said Dr Visalakshi Nedunchezhian has been appointed as the chairperson of the Tamil Nadu State Commission for women.
Her appointment would be with immediate effect, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way