Sasikala blames police for seizing documents in her absence
Bangalore: Sasikala Natarajan, close aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and co-accused in the wealth case against her, on Monday blamed police for conducting searches and seizing documents in two of the firms in which she was a director and partner.
Responding to a question at the special court here on certain amounts transferred to the firms, Sasi Enterprises and Jaya Publications, she said the then Superintendent of Police Nallamma Naidu had searched the firms in her absence and seized certain documents,of which a few were marked and others unmarked.
"These unmarked documents were not given to me." Sasikala claimed the unmarked documents were `in her favour` and contained income-expenditure details and also that the book of accounts maintained by the two firms which was intentionally not given to her by police.
She also said it was with an aim of perusing these documents she had filed an application before the court to correctly explain the transfer of amounts, which was rejected.
Of 87 questions Sasikala answered today, taking the total answered so far to 591 of the over 1000 questions framed by the court, most pertained to financial transactions of the two firms and "Nammadi MGR" (sister concern of Jaya Publications).
Later allowing the memo by interpreter KS Harish citing his unavailability from April 25 to 28, the Special Court adjourned to May 2 further recording of Sasikala`s statement under Section 313 CrPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand