Sasikala gives clean chit to Jaya in wealth case
Bangalore: Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide
of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, on Saturday deposed
before a special court here in the wealth case against them,
absolving the AIADMK supremo of any responsibility in the
handling of companies in which the two were partners.
Answering questions from Judge B M Mallikarjunaiah
pertaining to Jaya Publications and Sasi Enterprises,
Sasikala, second accused in the 15-year old case, told the
court that she alone managed the affairs of the companies and
Jayalalithaa was only a `dormant partner`.
"Selvi Jayalalithaa was not involved in the affairs of the
firm (Jaya Publications). I alone operated the bank account of
the firm. Jayalalithaa was a partner who was not involved in
the affairs of the firm", she said.
To another question on Sasi Enterprises, Sasikala`s
submission was similar. "True, as a partner, I was managing
the affairs of Sasi Enterprises. In this firm, Jayalalithaa
was not involved in any affairs. I alone operated the bank
account. Jayalalithaa was a dormant partner", she stated.
The recording of Sasikala`s statement began after the
Judge rejected her application seeking adjournment of the
process citing pendency of her Special Leave Petition on the
translation issue in Supreme Court.
Out of about 1,000 odd questions framed by the court,
Sasikala answered 40 which were translated into English by
interpreter K S Harish.
The Judge then adjourned the recording of the statement to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?