Sasikala gives clean chit to Jaya in wealth case
Bangalore: Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide
of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, on Saturday deposed
before a special court here in the wealth case against them,
absolving the AIADMK supremo of any responsibility in the
handling of companies in which the two were partners.
Answering questions from Judge B M Mallikarjunaiah
pertaining to Jaya Publications and Sasi Enterprises,
Sasikala, second accused in the 15-year old case, told the
court that she alone managed the affairs of the companies and
Jayalalithaa was only a `dormant partner`.
"Selvi Jayalalithaa was not involved in the affairs of the
firm (Jaya Publications). I alone operated the bank account of
the firm. Jayalalithaa was a partner who was not involved in
the affairs of the firm", she said.
To another question on Sasi Enterprises, Sasikala`s
submission was similar. "True, as a partner, I was managing
the affairs of Sasi Enterprises. In this firm, Jayalalithaa
was not involved in any affairs. I alone operated the bank
account. Jayalalithaa was a dormant partner", she stated.
The recording of Sasikala`s statement began after the
Judge rejected her application seeking adjournment of the
process citing pendency of her Special Leave Petition on the
translation issue in Supreme Court.
Out of about 1,000 odd questions framed by the court,
Sasikala answered 40 which were translated into English by
interpreter K S Harish.
The Judge then adjourned the recording of the statement to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!