Sasikala meets Jaya at Poes Garden residence
Chennai: Two days after her suspension was
revoked, VK Sasikala on Monday met Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa,
signalling her return to the Poes Garden residence of the
Though party insiders confirmed the visit, there was no
official word on it.
Jayalalithaa had on December 19 expelled her close aide
Sasikala and scores of her relatives following allegations
that they interfered in the affairs of the party and
However, in a turn of events, Sasikala had on March 28
written to issued a statement through AIADMK-promoted Jaya TV,
stating she had snapped ties with all those who had "betrayed"
"It is an unpardonable betrayal by those who claimed to be
my relatives and friends to have indulged in activities
against Jayalalithaa. Those who betrayed my elder sister are
not needed by me", Sasikala had said.
Sasikala had also claimed innocence, saying she came to
know about the happenings which were against AIADMK`s interest
and conspiracy against Jayalalithaa only after she came out of
Poes Garden (Jayalalithaa`s residence) where she had stayed
for 24 years.
"This has pained and shocked me", Sasikala said, adding,
all those things happened without her knowledge and this was
Accepting the explanation, Jayalalithaa had on March 31,
announced that the disciplinary action against Sasikala was
cancelled, signalling a patch-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report