Sasikala`s recording of statement adjourned to April 18
Bangalore: The Special Court trying the wealth case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday adjourned to April 18, further recording of the statement of Sasikala Natarajan, her close aide and co accused in the case.
Earlier, Sasikala`s counsel C Manishankar filed an
application under Section 309 CrPC, seeking time since the
criminal petition filed by him in the High Court, challenging
this court`s rejection of her application seeking various
documents, will come up for hearing on April 16.
The application was opposed by Special Public Prosecutor BV Acharya, who said they were trying to protract the proceedings on some reason or the other.
Special Court judge BM Mallikarjunaiah after hearing both sides adjourned the case to April 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened