Sasikala`s recording of statement adjourned to April 18
Bangalore: The Special Court trying the wealth case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday adjourned to April 18, further recording of the statement of Sasikala Natarajan, her close aide and co accused in the case.
Earlier, Sasikala`s counsel C Manishankar filed an
application under Section 309 CrPC, seeking time since the
criminal petition filed by him in the High Court, challenging
this court`s rejection of her application seeking various
documents, will come up for hearing on April 16.
The application was opposed by Special Public Prosecutor BV Acharya, who said they were trying to protract the proceedings on some reason or the other.
Special Court judge BM Mallikarjunaiah after hearing both sides adjourned the case to April 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress