Sasikala`s statement to be recorded further on Friday
Bangalore: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s close aide Sasikala Natarajan continued her recording of statement in the wealth case against them and others before a special court, answering questions by the court mainly relating to money transactions.
Special Judge M S Balakrishna adjourned the matter to Friday after Sasikala replied to 83 questions framed by the court, taking the total number of questions answered so far to 825 out of the total of over 1,000 questions.
The questions posed by the court mainly pertained to the transfer of money to the partnership firms owned by her and Jayalalithaa and also amounts going into their individual accounts.
She had answered 632 questions on May 2, 2012. She resumed her recording of the statement under section 313 CrPC Thursday after a gap of seven months.
On Dec 11, the court had dismissed separate applications filed by Sasikala and third accused V N Sudhakaran under section 451 of the Criminal Procedure Code and Rule 2 of Karnataka Criminal Rules of Practice for either return of unmarked documents or copies thereof.
Jayalalithaa is facing charges of accumulating assets disproportionate to her known sources of income to the tune of Rs 66 crore during her chief ministership between 1991 and 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket