SC declines Sashikala`s plea in DA case row
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday declined
to entertain "at this stage" the plea of Sashikala Natarajan,
estranged close aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa
to provide her translated copies in Tamil of the proceedings
before the special Bangalore trial court in a disproportionate
A bench of justices P Sathasivam and BS Chauhan felt
since the trial court had adequate language interpreters there
was no need to interfere with the Karnataka High Court`s
decision to reject her plea.
Sashikala had claimed while she did not know English the
trial judge was not conversant with Tamil and hence she faced
difficulty in answering the questions put to her by the court
and follow the proceedings.
The Karnataka High Court had earlier rejected her plea.
Jayalalithaa was earlier directed by the Supreme Court to
appear in a Bangalore trial court on Thursday in the
disproportionate assets case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand