SC declines Sashikala`s plea in DA case row
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday declined
to entertain "at this stage" the plea of Sashikala Natarajan,
estranged close aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa
to provide her translated copies in Tamil of the proceedings
before the special Bangalore trial court in a disproportionate
A bench of justices P Sathasivam and BS Chauhan felt
since the trial court had adequate language interpreters there
was no need to interfere with the Karnataka High Court`s
decision to reject her plea.
Sashikala had claimed while she did not know English the
trial judge was not conversant with Tamil and hence she faced
difficulty in answering the questions put to her by the court
and follow the proceedings.
The Karnataka High Court had earlier rejected her plea.
Jayalalithaa was earlier directed by the Supreme Court to
appear in a Bangalore trial court on Thursday in the
disproportionate assets case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up