SC grants 2-month extension to Mullaperiyar panel
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday gave two more months to an expert committee headed by former chief justice of India AS Anand to submit its report on the safety of the Mullaperiyar dam in Kerala.
A five-judge bench headed by Justice G.K. Jain accepted the request by the committee for two more months’ time to submit its final report on the core sample of the dam structure.
While granting the extension, the court expressed its displeasure over the non-cooperation of the Tamil Nadu and Kerala governments with the expert committee.
The state governments are at loggerheads over Kerala`s decision to dismantle the dam, holding that its structure was not safe. The Tamil Nadu government manages the more than 100-year-old dam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!