SC grants 2-month extension to Mullaperiyar panel
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday gave two more months to an expert committee headed by former chief justice of India AS Anand to submit its report on the safety of the Mullaperiyar dam in Kerala.
A five-judge bench headed by Justice G.K. Jain accepted the request by the committee for two more months’ time to submit its final report on the core sample of the dam structure.
While granting the extension, the court expressed its displeasure over the non-cooperation of the Tamil Nadu and Kerala governments with the expert committee.
The state governments are at loggerheads over Kerala`s decision to dismantle the dam, holding that its structure was not safe. The Tamil Nadu government manages the more than 100-year-old dam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?