SC grants 2-month extension to Mullaperiyar panel
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday gave two more months to an expert committee headed by former chief justice of India AS Anand to submit its report on the safety of the Mullaperiyar dam in Kerala.
A five-judge bench headed by Justice G.K. Jain accepted the request by the committee for two more months’ time to submit its final report on the core sample of the dam structure.
While granting the extension, the court expressed its displeasure over the non-cooperation of the Tamil Nadu and Kerala governments with the expert committee.
The state governments are at loggerheads over Kerala`s decision to dismantle the dam, holding that its structure was not safe. The Tamil Nadu government manages the more than 100-year-old dam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what