SC grants 2-month extension to Mullaperiyar panel
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday gave two more months to an expert committee headed by former chief justice of India AS Anand to submit its report on the safety of the Mullaperiyar dam in Kerala.
A five-judge bench headed by Justice G.K. Jain accepted the request by the committee for two more months’ time to submit its final report on the core sample of the dam structure.
While granting the extension, the court expressed its displeasure over the non-cooperation of the Tamil Nadu and Kerala governments with the expert committee.
The state governments are at loggerheads over Kerala`s decision to dismantle the dam, holding that its structure was not safe. The Tamil Nadu government manages the more than 100-year-old dam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth