SC should monitor probe into chopper deal: TN CPI-M
Ramanathapuram: CPI-M`s Tamil Nadu unit Monday demanded that an inquiry on the VVIP helicopter deal be monitored by the Supreme Court.
"...Like it was monitoring the 2G scam,the Supreme Court should monitor the Helicopter deal also," party`s state secretary Ramakrishnan told reporters here.
On the hanging of Afzal Guru, he said it was not known why the Centre had showed "haste" in hanging him. He suggested that such criminals could have been kept in jail till their death.
Referring to attacks on Tamil Nadu fishermen allegedly by the Sri Lankan navy, he said the Centre should act to prevent attacks on fishermen,and hold talks with the Lankan government.
He welcomed the state government`s announcement to provide Rs.15000 per acre as compensation for the farmers in the drought affected areas,and said the government should provide relief for farm workers also.
He said Centre should send a team under disaster Management Act,and provide proper relief for the affected areas in the state.
He said CPI-M supported the general strike on February 20 and 21. The party would also organise "Pormuzhakka Payanam" (Yatra) demanding alternative system of economics in the place of globalisation and privatisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step