SC should monitor probe into chopper deal: TN CPI-M
Ramanathapuram: CPI-M`s Tamil Nadu unit Monday demanded that an inquiry on the VVIP helicopter deal be monitored by the Supreme Court.
"...Like it was monitoring the 2G scam,the Supreme Court should monitor the Helicopter deal also," party`s state secretary Ramakrishnan told reporters here.
On the hanging of Afzal Guru, he said it was not known why the Centre had showed "haste" in hanging him. He suggested that such criminals could have been kept in jail till their death.
Referring to attacks on Tamil Nadu fishermen allegedly by the Sri Lankan navy, he said the Centre should act to prevent attacks on fishermen,and hold talks with the Lankan government.
He welcomed the state government`s announcement to provide Rs.15000 per acre as compensation for the farmers in the drought affected areas,and said the government should provide relief for farm workers also.
He said Centre should send a team under disaster Management Act,and provide proper relief for the affected areas in the state.
He said CPI-M supported the general strike on February 20 and 21. The party would also organise "Pormuzhakka Payanam" (Yatra) demanding alternative system of economics in the place of globalisation and privatisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened