SC should monitor probe into chopper deal: TN CPI-M
Ramanathapuram: CPI-M`s Tamil Nadu unit Monday demanded that an inquiry on the VVIP helicopter deal be monitored by the Supreme Court.
"...Like it was monitoring the 2G scam,the Supreme Court should monitor the Helicopter deal also," party`s state secretary Ramakrishnan told reporters here.
On the hanging of Afzal Guru, he said it was not known why the Centre had showed "haste" in hanging him. He suggested that such criminals could have been kept in jail till their death.
Referring to attacks on Tamil Nadu fishermen allegedly by the Sri Lankan navy, he said the Centre should act to prevent attacks on fishermen,and hold talks with the Lankan government.
He welcomed the state government`s announcement to provide Rs.15000 per acre as compensation for the farmers in the drought affected areas,and said the government should provide relief for farm workers also.
He said Centre should send a team under disaster Management Act,and provide proper relief for the affected areas in the state.
He said CPI-M supported the general strike on February 20 and 21. The party would also organise "Pormuzhakka Payanam" (Yatra) demanding alternative system of economics in the place of globalisation and privatisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS